Please note: Expressions of interest have now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Expression of Interest
Castlemaine Goods Shed
Following the highly successful 2013 Castlemaine State Festival, the Festival Board has begun planning for the 20th Anniversary Festival event in 2015 and has also been seeking new premises. The Goods Shed offers great possibilities, and discussions with VicTrack have resulted in an offer to lease.
We are currently completing a business feasibility study to ensure that leasing the Goods Shed can meet the needs of the Festival and its community, is consistent with the Festival’s direction and business planning, and very importantly, is financially sound.
Space planning at this stage includes three main zones for lease and hire:
- Performance development and presentation space/s
- A common area with amenities, collaboration and meeting spaces, integrating digital media, design and visual art production and exhibition spaces
- Work spaces by arts-related businesses and practitioners, to include the Festival offices.
At this stage the floor plan and fit out schedule, including sizes and layout of spaces, have not been finalised. The full fit out to completion is likely to take place over two years, but the work spaces will be of priority, with a view to first occupancy occurring late 2013 / early 2014.
Fee structures have not been finalised but indicative figures would be in the region of $10 to $12 per square metre with possible variation according to space size, amount of usage and nature of the business.
Following the receipt of expressions of interest we will meet with interested parties individually to discuss their submission and extend invitations to join us in workshopping options for layout and operations.
Your Expression of Interest [EOI] should include:
- Details about you and your business
- Your vision for your business at the Goods Shed
- Detail about the nature of the work you would be undertaking on the premises
- How many people would be involved – include those working on site, expected others coming in and out etc
- Are you already collaborating with others submitting an EOI
- The size and type of space you require
- Proposed days and times per week/ month
- Preferred length of lease
- Any specific requirements in/of the space, services, utilities
- Any loading/unloading/parking requirements
- Any other items/matters you wish to include
Please keep your EoI responses to the above questions concise and limited to no more than 2 pages overall + support material (if available).
We look forward to receiving your EOI and to discussions with you as we plan the transformation of the Goods Shed into a vibrant and accessible precinct for creation, collaboration, participation and enjoyment of the arts.
For further information please contact:
T: 0418 390 943
P: EOI Castlemaine Goods Shed
PO Box 230
Castlemaine, Victoria, 3450
Closing date: Monday 2 September 2013