JOIN OUR BOARD
Castlemaine State Festival Board of Directors are welcoming expressions of interest (EOI) from our community, supporter base and any other suitably qualified individuals.
Castlemaine State Festival is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee with associated responsibilities and the Board is made up of skilled volunteers who give their time to oversee the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Making decisions about planning, resources, strategic direction, goals, and activities of the organisation.
- Ensuring the sustainability of the organisation by monitoring its finances and financial viability.
- Overseeing and supporting the Chief Executive & Artistic Director to manage the organisation.
- Overseeing risk management for the organisation.
- Monitoring the performance and activities of the organisation against its legal purposes and strategic plan.
- Reporting to company members and stakeholders.
- Ensuring we operate within the law, including maintaining our charitable status.
We are seeking the following skills, experience, and attributes for the Board of Directors:
- Local to Mount Alexander Shire
- Practicing artist or closely connected to arts industry
- Philanthropy, fundraising, and connections
The Board also has sub-committees made up of industry experts, community members and Board Directors and would also welcome EOIs for the following:
Goods Shed Committee
- Provides strategic oversight of both the capital development projects and operations of the Goods Shed.
- Current priority is to function as the Project Steering Committee for the Stage 2 Development of the performance and creative spaces.
Partnerships and Audience Engagement Committee
- Provides strategic direction and oversight on partnerships development and audience engagement.
- Acts as a resource and collaborates with the management team on fundraising through Patron donations, business sponsorship, philanthropic approaches, and events.
Programs Committee (new)
- Provides strategic direction and oversight on artistic program developed by the Artistic Director and creative producing team.
- Acts as a resource for artistic ideas and contacts to be considered by the Artistic Director.
Please email your EOI including the following documents to Bronwyn Dawson email@example.com with Board or Committee EOI as the subject line:
- Your CV
- A summary of no more than one page outlining your interest and suitability as a Board Director or Committee Member.
- For the Board of Directors, please reference any specific skills and experience in relation to the above-mentioned skills being sought by the Board. Please also indicate if you are interested in joining a specific Committee if elected or should you not be a selected as a Board candidate.
- For sub-committees, please indicate the Committee you are interested in and how your skills and experience relate to their purposes outlined above.
The deadline for submission of EOIs to be considered before this year’s AGM is Friday 3 November at 9am.
EOIs for both Board and sub-committees will be considered by a Nominating Committee of the Board, and a selection of candidates will be recommended to the company membership for voting at the AGM on Monday 4 December.
If you have any questions, please email Bronwyn Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and one of our Board Directors will call you.
We look forward to hearing from you!