Take your project FURTHER at Goods Shed Arts!
Castlemaine State Festival is thrilled to announce a new creative development residency program at Goods Shed Arts: FURTHER.
FURTHER seeks to take your project exactly there – to the next stage, the finish line, a new horizon. This new initiative is aimed at projects at mid-to- late-stage creative development level to help them reach the next phase of their creative journey. We will be hosting six creative development residencies at Goods Shed Arts in late 2021 and 2022, each receiving the following support:
- $15,000 cash support ($10,000 for you to cover your time spent on this development phase and materials/resources you may need + $5,000 for engaging a key collaborator you’d like to work with through this opportunity),
- free access to the Goods Shed Arts residency and creative space facilities during your residency period, and
- in-house support and feedback opportunities.
Four residencies will be selected from an open application process, two are curated opportunities.
We now invite applications from individual artists residing in the Mount Alexander Shire, Hepburn Shire, Macedon Ranges Shire, Central Goldfields Shire and City of Greater Bendigo Council Areas to be considered for the Goods Shed Arts FURTHER program.
Applications are now closed – if you have any questions please contact Henrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage applications from artists identifying as First Nations and/or Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, D/deaf or living with a disability.
Successful applicants will be notified in mid-November.
Mon 20 September: Applications open.
Sun 24 October: Applications close.
Mid-November: Successful applicants will be notified.
Early December: Public announcements of FURTHER residents.
To be eligible for this opportunity:
- You are required to be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- You must be a resident of Mount Alexander Shire, Hepburn Shire, Macedon Ranges Shire, Central Goldfields Shire or City of Greater Bendigo Council Areas.
- Your project must be at an advanced stage of development, such as mid- or late-stage creative development stage. New ideas and first-stage developments are not suited to this program.
- Creative development residencies must take place before the end of July 2022. Residency dates will be determined in alignment of availability of successful applicants with venue availability.
Successful applicants are required to offer a work-in-progress showing at the end of their residency.
Sidney Myer Fund
Pool of Dreams, Claire Eliza’s Gift, a part of the Community Impact Foundation.